- Easily and effectively support the groups and issues you care about, in Douglas County or anywhere in the country.
- Develop a giving strategy that meets your particular needs—including creating an endowment that will guarantee that grants are made in perpetuity.
- Give a wide variety of assets.
- Give now or later, as part of your estate plans.
- Benefit from the most favorable tax deductions available under IRS regulations.
- Benefit from the expertise of our staff and volunteer board.
- Make grant recommendations and access new funding opportunities.
- Eliminate many administrative chores and expenses.
- Name your fund as you choose—or remain anonymous if you prefer.
Several kinds of funds enable you to start giving immediately:
These unrestricted donations are an option for donors who want to support the Foundation and enable the Board to make discretionary grants to selected nonprofits in Douglas County. This gives the Foundation the greatest latitude to direct grants, based on its assessment of changing community needs.
In order to support the programs and services of the Foundation, the Board has launched the “Partnership in Philanthropy Campaign.” Donors who wish to support this campaign will receive special acknowledgment by the Foundation. The following is a breakdown of the various giving levels:
- Legacy Circle Various Types of Planned Gifts
- Millennium Club $100,000+
- Milestone Society $50,001 – 100,000
- Cornerstone Society $25,000 – 50,000
- Legacy – $10,000-24,599
- Visionary – $5,000 – 9,999
- Community Builder $1000– 4,999
- Patron $500-999
The Foundation has established various benefits for each level and we would be happy to discuss them with you. We would also be delighted to explore establishing your own named fund at the Foundation.
We have a wealth of knowledge about current needs in Douglas County and how to maximize charitable giving through the Foundation. We can provide a simple way to fulfill multiple charitable interests without forming a corporate, family or private foundation.
Donor Advised Funds
These type of donations allows you to contribute assets to your fund at any time and then recommend grants to support charitable groups of your choice. They are a flexible, personalized way to support nonprofit groups.
Field of Interest Funds
This type of donation provides support to nonprofit organizations that work on issues you specify. Once you determine the issues you want to support, DCCF will identify suitable grant recipients for your approval. You can either choose an issue of importance to you, or you may recommend grants to specific groups working on the issue(s) you have chosen.
You might even consider establishing a scholarship fund to help students attending college or vocational school. The fund can focus on a particular subject or interest area.
Donor Designed Funds
These funds are ideal for donors who want to support one or more specific non-profit organization. Nonprofit groups can also establish this kind of fund as part of their organization’s own fundraising strategy.
Supporting Organization Funds
These funds are separate nonprofit organizations that can operate under DCCF’s charitable umbrella. They may have their own board (on which donors may choose to serve) and determine their own investment and grant priorities. These funds may not be controlled by the donor or the donor’s family.
The Foundation can help donors transfer their private or family foundation to the Community Foundation. This eliminates the administrative burdens, while maximizing tax advantages.
The Douglas County Community Foundation creates and manages memorial funds, honorary funds, scholarship funds, endowment funds, pass-through funds, among others, at the request of a donor.