Community leadership requires collaboration and the Douglas County Community Foundation and its’ associate funds continues to partner with other individuals and non-profits, through assistance with creation and maintenance of donor advised funds, direct grants to non-profits, community events, and projects. Some examples of our far-ranging work include:
- DCCF distributes grants to non-profits making a difference in the community (2009).
- A Douglas County Community Foundation funded study “Human Needs and Services in Douglas County: A Stakeholders’ Assessment” (2010).
- “Douglas County Dames” a giving circle who’s mission is to create awareness of Douglas County non-profits and to inspire the value of collective giving. (established 2012).
- Sponsorship of the Douglas County Gives an initiative which brings non-profits together to increase the impact of Colorado Gives Day in Douglas County (2012-present).
- The Give Back Fund is a vehicle to provide direct financial support to nonprofit organizations that are located in – and providing services in – Douglas County (2016).